martes, 29 de noviembre de 2016

Addiction: From coffee and tea to drugs of abuse

The closest I've been to drugs are the alcohol, cigarette and coffee.  First I drink alcohol only when I go to parties or things like that and coffee only when the weather's cold.  On the other hand I think that the cigarette is disgusting (Of course I tried it when I was child because everybody did it), I hate the smell, and when the smokers have the impregnated odor.
Why I never have tried something harder? I think that apart of the medical uses, drugs are some way to escape from reality, our problems, and I prefer solve them.
Some benefits of drugs are:
  • ·         Served as treatments for different syndromes, like Posttraumatic stress syndrome.
  • ·         Some drugs lower anxiety levels and act as antidepressants.
  • ·         Others amplify and stimulate the senses.

Well, Drug addiction is dangerous to one’s health because it can make the addict more susceptible to illness and disease. A person suffering from an addiction may be more prone to accidents that may result in injury and even death. Addiction can lead to interactions with people who are dangerous and situations that can lead to violence or homicide. Pregnant teens, or anyone who is pregnant and addicted to drugs, put their babies in danger and may have a miscarriage or deliver prematurely.  Some withdrawal symptoms are nausea, vomiting, sweating, shaking or seizures, among others.

Today I don't know any close people who are addicted to drug of abuse. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario