viernes, 5 de agosto de 2016

Websites you enjoy visiting

Let´s see, I enjoy visiting many websites, but if they are only related to my career I choose two:    

        I) OMIM (Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man):               
  • Link:  http://www.omim.org/ 
  • OMIM is a comprehensive, authoritative compendium of human genes and genetic phenotypes that is freely available and updated daily. The full-text, referenced overviews in OMIM contain information on all known mendelian disorders and over 15,000 genes. OMIM focuses on the relationship between phenotype and genotype. It is updated daily, and the entries contain copious links to other genetics resources.   
  • Why I like it? Because I think that OMIM is the most incredible website about disorders in the world, and  I really love everything about the mental diseases. I recommended it 100 percent. Currently I visit the website when I have free time, maybe once a  week.


        II) NCBI ( National Center for Biotechnology Information):
  • Link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/
  • The NCBI has been charged with creating automated systems for storing and analyzing knowledge about molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics; facilitating the use of such databases and software by the research and medical community; coordinating efforts to gather biotechnology information both nationally and internationally; and performing research into advanced methods of computer-based information processing for analyzing the structure and function of biologically important molecules.   
  • I like this website, because if you want about the latest research, something about science, among other, you should enter to this page. How often I visit the site? Well, not ussully, but when I do, I really enjoy surf in the website. 

2 comentarios:

  1. These are the pages that our teachers recommended in another course! Sofía, you are a cheater 77 admit it, you only entered it once!

    ResponderBorrar